Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Style Tips from a Four-Year-Old
Less is not more when you are four. And I'm learning to embrace this notion thanks to my young daughter. We are a house of strong opinions, and my two girls make themselves heard. Here are some words of wisdom from my oldest fashionista:
"Mommy you wear too much black." Guilty as charged. I live in NYC a glorious cultural mecca, exciting to be sure, but without a doubt FILTHY. I embrace black as my signature color out of practicality. Thanks to my daughter, I experiment with color these days. Two key pieces: a vibrant yellow Mackintosh and a pair of bright pink wool pants. I've been wearing both pieces (not together) a lot this fall and I get a ton of compliments.
"Mommy why don't you ever wear this necklace?" Little girls love going through jewelry. My observant girl, picks out the items she never or rarely sees. She's been a helpful reminder to not get stuck in a rut and to try something new.
"You should wear high heels every day." Clomp, clomp. Uttered as she shuffles around the hall in my 4" Jimmy Choo stilettos, Well, this isn't entirely practical considering I walk at least 2 miles everyday. On the other hand, I do have a standing date night with my husband and I should slip into my pre-baby shoe collection more often.
What have you learned from the pint-sized fashion editors living in your house?
- ► 2010 (224)
- Cyber Monday Shopping Guide for Moms
- Meet Whitney Wingerd Editor Mommies with Style
- Ger Her Look
- Wordless Wednesday: Business Chic for the Working ...
- Holiday Gift Guide for BOYS
- Totsy Holiday Gift Guide for Girls
- Meet Beth Feldman - Role Mommy
- Get Her Look - Jennifer Garner
- Wordless Wednesday: High Style at the Gap
- Totsy Twitter Party With Little Maven
- Low Fat Dressing - 5 Tips
- Girls Fashion Trends for the Holidays
- Get Her Look: Kate Hudson
- Meet the Moms: Momologie
- Wordless Wednesday: One Hot Mommy
- Get Her Look: Britney Spears
- Halloween isn't over yet!
- Jacadi Luxury Children's Clothing
- Get Her Look - Gisele Bundchen
- Wordless Wednesday: Fall Fashion for Boys
- Style Tips from some BOYS
- Style Tips from a Four-Year-Old
- Fall Trends for KIDS
- ▼ November (23)