Momologie. The two women are the masterminds behind MiGi Style a brand of designer bedding and furnishings, and did a stint with Martha Stewart before that. When the babies came along, the ladies decided to expand to the motherhood community. We caught up with them to find out more about the launch of Momologie and how they keep it all together.
1. What one word best describes your current state of mind?
Gia - Exhausted
2. What TV household does your family most resemble?
a. Brady Bunch
b. All in the Family
c. Brothers & Sisters
d. Army Wives
e. The Good Wife
f. Wife Swap
Gia - None of the above
3. What term or phrase do you most overuse?
Gia - “That’s amazing”
4. What are the five things/items you think that new moms (parents) can’t do without (sanity savers)?
Michele—a lunch with a friend. Dinner out with your husband. Sleep. Connecting with other new moms. A little “me” time, even if it’s only 15 minutes reading a book or magazine or having a glass of wine.
Gia--Spending a time alone with your partner
5. Holiday pictures – your best tips for getting kids to pose vs. fighting, making funny faces, running away?
Michele—candid shots are the best! Take them to the park, beach or go on a hike and don’t try to pose. Take shots of the experience as it happens.
Gia - I wish I knew. Please share your secrets with me. My son hates taking pictures. :)
6. What songs and/or books have worked best for bedtime?
Gia – The Secret Life of Bees
Michele—The Sleepy Book, Cordouroy, The Secret Shortcut
7. How many miles (of driving duty) have you logged in the past week?
Gia – I’m lucky because my daily life is within a 4 mile radius.
Michele—probably 200 miles. I’m all over the place.
8. One thing you want for yourself this holiday season?
Gia – sleep!
Michele---To get really organized and enjoy spending time with my family
9. What celebrity best describes your personal style?
b. Sarah Jessica Parker
c. Nicole Richie
d. Gwen Stefani
e. Angelina Jolie
f. Victoria Beckman
Gia - a mix of Nicole Richie and Jessica Alba
Michele—a mix of Jennifer Garner and Angelina Jolie.
10. Best parenting resource you would recommend?
Michele and Gia--Babycenter and Dr. Marc Weissbluth’s books
11. Current projects?
Momologie — a daily newsletter for moms featuring editorial content in five lifestyle categories
12. Follow me on twitter at:
- ► 2010 (224)
- Cyber Monday Shopping Guide for Moms
- Meet Whitney Wingerd Editor Mommies with Style
- Ger Her Look
- Wordless Wednesday: Business Chic for the Working ...
- Holiday Gift Guide for BOYS
- Totsy Holiday Gift Guide for Girls
- Meet Beth Feldman - Role Mommy
- Get Her Look - Jennifer Garner
- Wordless Wednesday: High Style at the Gap
- Totsy Twitter Party With Little Maven
- Low Fat Dressing - 5 Tips
- Girls Fashion Trends for the Holidays
- Get Her Look: Kate Hudson
- Meet the Moms: Momologie
- Wordless Wednesday: One Hot Mommy
- Get Her Look: Britney Spears
- Halloween isn't over yet!
- Jacadi Luxury Children's Clothing
- Get Her Look - Gisele Bundchen
- Wordless Wednesday: Fall Fashion for Boys
- Style Tips from some BOYS
- Style Tips from a Four-Year-Old
- Fall Trends for KIDS
- ▼ November (23)