It's about that time... Thanksgiving is already next week! We always head to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving and spend the week with my in-laws. My mother-in-law has already begun planning and cooking for the Holiday. She makes sure there is a special dish for everyone... I personally love a Green Bean Casserole. It's my all-time favorite. And then, of course, there's the delicious turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potato pie... and all the cookies and pies and cakes. It's quite the feast at my mother-in-law's house.
So the question becomes... "Am I going to be able to fit into my jeans after Thanksgiving week?"
I will be able to with some "Low Fat Dressing" Tips. (Disclaimer: No calorie counting needed!) Here are 5 Tips to get you through the Holidays:
1. Find a Draped "faux" Wrap Dress The gathering of the fabric - that hits right at the hip - will smooth down your midsection.
2. Find a Sheath Dress What I love about a Sheath Dress is that it fits to your body (when you get the proper size) like a glove. The fabulousness of a Sheath is that since it fits so well to your body - if there are "areas" to disguise... a wrap, a blazer, jewelry, a scarf or an open blouse can be worn with it and truly distract from the areas you want hidden. Love this option!
3. Gravitate toward darker colors - blacks, navys, charcoals, purples These colors minimize and slenderize your body... camouflaging muffin tops and love handles.
4. Choose vertical stripes, piping, seams... stay away from anything horizontal as they do the opposite! And when choosing vertical stripes, go for the narrow ones.
5. Shapewear. Ahh... let shapewear become your new best friend. Shapewear comes in so many different styles and designs... know the areas you want to "target" and find the best piece to "attack" those areas. What I love about Shapewear is that it can be worn under everything from jeans to suits to skirts to loungewear. Fabulous!
- ► 2010 (224)
- Cyber Monday Shopping Guide for Moms
- Meet Whitney Wingerd Editor Mommies with Style
- Ger Her Look
- Wordless Wednesday: Business Chic for the Working ...
- Holiday Gift Guide for BOYS
- Totsy Holiday Gift Guide for Girls
- Meet Beth Feldman - Role Mommy
- Get Her Look - Jennifer Garner
- Wordless Wednesday: High Style at the Gap
- Totsy Twitter Party With Little Maven
- Low Fat Dressing - 5 Tips
- Girls Fashion Trends for the Holidays
- Get Her Look: Kate Hudson
- Meet the Moms: Momologie
- Wordless Wednesday: One Hot Mommy
- Get Her Look: Britney Spears
- Halloween isn't over yet!
- Jacadi Luxury Children's Clothing
- Get Her Look - Gisele Bundchen
- Wordless Wednesday: Fall Fashion for Boys
- Style Tips from some BOYS
- Style Tips from a Four-Year-Old
- Fall Trends for KIDS
- ▼ November (23)