Friday, November 20, 2009
Meet Beth Feldman - Role Mommy
Meet the amazing Beth Feldman... founder of Role Mommy, an online community and events company created to inspire, entertain and inform today's busy moms. The mission of Role Mommy is simple: Helping your children realize their hopes and dreams doesn't mean you have to give up on your own. Beth is one of the busiest working moms we know! She is also the President of BeyondPR, an entertainment public relations agency representing television and Internet projects as well as best-selling authors. She's Lifetime Digital's Lifetime Moms "Just for Fun" Editor. And, Beth is the co-author of Peeing in Peace: Tales & Tips for Type A Moms and author of See Mom Run.
1. What one word best describes your current state of mind?
2. What TV household does your family most resemble?
a. Brady Bunch
b. All in the Family
c. Brothers & Sisters
d. Army Wives
e. The Good Wife
f. Wife Swap
I guess Brothers & Sisters - this is a tough one since we don't really match any of the families.
3. What term or phrase do you most overuse?
Absolutely. I am a yes person and when someone asks me to do something, I usually say yes whole heartedly. However, now that I'm stretched a bit too thin I'm starting to feel more comfortable saying no.
4. What are the five things/items you think that new moms (parents) can’t do without (sanity savers)?
1. A pacifier 2. sling or baby carrier 3. the ultimate umbrella stroller 4. food for baby - from formula to cheerios 5. diapers & wipes!!!
5. Holiday pictures – your best tips for getting kids to pose vs. fighting, making funny faces, running away?
Funny you should ask but we actually never pose for holiday photos. My best advice is to use your favorite vacation photo and ditch the sit on Santa's lap frustration.
6. What songs and/or books have worked best for bedtime?
Books for little ones: Good Night Moon, The Giving Tree, I Love You Forever. For older kids: Diary of a Wimpy Kid; a Series of Unfortunate Events (Lemony Snicket) Music: There's a great new CD series that just came out for babies-toddlers called Little Music Lovers - it's classical music for bedtime, storytime and playtime and it's receiving rave reviews.
7. How many miles (of driving duty) have you logged in the past week?
Well, if you count last week, I probably logged about 500 miles since I was on tour for my new book "See Mom Run" and traveled to several cities including Philadelphia, New York City, Ridgewood, New Jersey and Larchmont, NY.
8. One thing you want for yourself this holiday season?
I would love a "Heavenly Bed" and five days straight of 10 hours sleep.
9. What celebrity best describes your personal style?
a. Jennifer Garner
b. Sarah Jessica Parker
c. Nicole Richie
d. Gwen Stefani
e. Angelina Jolie
f. Victoria Beckman
I'm totally casual and conservative so Jessica Garner all the way
10. Best parenting resource you would recommend?
RoleMommy.com of course and LifetimeMoms.com where I'm one of the Just for Fun channel leaders.
11. Follow me on Twitter:
12. Current projects that have you engaged and excited:
My new book, See Mom Run. I'm thrilled to be traveling across the country and meeting the moms who have contributed to the book. And, I'm loving that audiences are laughing and loving the book! It's been a lot of fun connecting with moms and sharing stories of our most harried moments. It's time to put the "me" back in "mommy" this holiday season and thanks to Swiffer WetJet who is sponsoring our cross country tour we're awarding the most harried moms with a Peace of Mind gift basket filled with tons of items to make their lives easier. Our next stop is Chicago on December 3, then Los Angeles and Seattle. Check out RoleMommy.com and SeeMomRunBook.com for tour details!
- ► 2010 (224)
- Cyber Monday Shopping Guide for Moms
- Meet Whitney Wingerd Editor Mommies with Style
- Ger Her Look
- Wordless Wednesday: Business Chic for the Working ...
- Holiday Gift Guide for BOYS
- Totsy Holiday Gift Guide for Girls
- Meet Beth Feldman - Role Mommy
- Get Her Look - Jennifer Garner
- Wordless Wednesday: High Style at the Gap
- Totsy Twitter Party With Little Maven
- Low Fat Dressing - 5 Tips
- Girls Fashion Trends for the Holidays
- Get Her Look: Kate Hudson
- Meet the Moms: Momologie
- Wordless Wednesday: One Hot Mommy
- Get Her Look: Britney Spears
- Halloween isn't over yet!
- Jacadi Luxury Children's Clothing
- Get Her Look - Gisele Bundchen
- Wordless Wednesday: Fall Fashion for Boys
- Style Tips from some BOYS
- Style Tips from a Four-Year-Old
- Fall Trends for KIDS
- ▼ November (23)