I thought I'd do a fun post today on menswear that us ladies can get a little use out of! Now - considering the man in my life is 6'2" and I'm 5' - I have to be a little creative when dispensing this kind of fashion advice.
Sometimes the easiest thing to do is raid your man's closet...
So what are some things to "borrow?"
Here are my top 3 recommendations:
1. T-shirts. Talk about the perfect sleepwear. You have built in nightgowns/sleep-shirts without having to go out and buy any. I was at Target last week, and there were sleep-shirts on sale for $9, honestly... it was like wearing one of my husband's tees. It was just as long. It was just as big and comfy. And it was just as soft. My husband has an affinity for Hanes white tees... his tees (sorry, sweetie!) are now moonlighting as my tees to sleep in.
[caption id="attachment_6885" align="aligncenter" width="226" caption="That\'s not my husband... ;)"][/caption]
2. Button-downs... there are 2 things you can use his button-downs - beach cover-ups and maternity wear. Last summer I did this and it was perfect, I grabbed some of Matt's light blue button-downs, not his super dressy ones... but a couple that he had in there for more causal occasions, and used them as beach cover-ups on the beach. They were awesome! Not to mention... they can save you some money. Maternity wise, borrowing your man's shirt is a great option. Even though it won't fit to your exact form, it's still comfy to toss on, un-buttoned and wear out and about. Hey... it's in the closet, so why not use it - right?
3. Undies... I'm sure you're thinking - WHAT!? But wait, think Carrie Bradshaw.
She did something in one episode that was classic. She wore men's briefs to bed. It was absolutely Sex and the City fashion-fabulousness... but I thought it was very clever of Patricia Field to do that. This one may be a little more a stab in the dark, but you it's a fun one! ;)
- Menswear for Women
- Getting Gorgeous Events
- 4 Must Have Looks for this Summer as seen in Europ...
- Lands' End Slim and Husky Line
- patemm ROUND Diaper Changing Pads
- Strollin' with my Maclaren Techno XLR
- Celebrity Mom Style: Sarah Michelle Gellar
- 2010 Summer Travel Destinations - Where are you he...
- Happy Father's Day!
- Summertime Reading with Barefoot Books
- Giveaway: Madame Alexander "Wendy Loves Karate" Do...
- Silly Bandz... The "New" Accessory for KIDS
- Appaman Clothing for Kids
- Stride Rite for Kids
- Designer Suitcases for your Kids on Totsy
- OiOi Diaper Bags
- My "Project Runway" Challenge with Tim Gunn (for r...
- Chatting with Lucky Magazine editor-at-large: Elis...
- Parigi Fashions for Kids
- What's on your summer reading list?
- Lands’ End Canvas and Lucky Magazine Host Summer S...
- Tutu Pour Mon Deux... tutus for GIRLS!
- Must Have: Nude Heels
- Designer Sunglasses on SALE!
- ▼ June (24)