Every summer throughout my childhood I joined a book club at my local library. I loved walking into the library... picking a really good book... and then being able to add a sticker next to my name after I completed it. I used to devour Nancy Drew books, those were my absolute favorite! I used to wish I could be just like Nancy Drew... I would even try to find mysteries to solve throughout my neighborhood.
Now as an adult...and a mother... reading is something that's tough to fit in.
All my "free" time goes to my little boys - and at night when it's time to relax, I usually crash on the couch with my husband, or try and go for a walk throughout the neighborhood.
But I miss reading. I really, really do. I love books. I love a good story. I feel connected to the characters. When I start a book, I'm one of those people that NEED to finish the book as soon as possible.
One of my best friend's in my town decided to start a very "open and relaxed" book club this summer. Instead of assigning books to the group - we each get to choose our own... we get to pick 3 books - one for June, one for July and one for August. At the end of each month we'll gather at my friend's house to reveal the book we read and tell a little about it. I'm so excited for this!
Here are my 3 books for the summer:
June: Eat, Pray, Love
July: The Help (recommended by my friend Beth Feldman)
August: The Red Tent
Usually I go for romance novels... but this summer, with my book club in place, I want to branch out a bit and read some books that I have heard people RAVE about!
What's on your summer reading list?
- Menswear for Women
- Getting Gorgeous Events
- 4 Must Have Looks for this Summer as seen in Europ...
- Lands' End Slim and Husky Line
- patemm ROUND Diaper Changing Pads
- Strollin' with my Maclaren Techno XLR
- Celebrity Mom Style: Sarah Michelle Gellar
- 2010 Summer Travel Destinations - Where are you he...
- Happy Father's Day!
- Summertime Reading with Barefoot Books
- Giveaway: Madame Alexander "Wendy Loves Karate" Do...
- Silly Bandz... The "New" Accessory for KIDS
- Appaman Clothing for Kids
- Stride Rite for Kids
- Designer Suitcases for your Kids on Totsy
- OiOi Diaper Bags
- My "Project Runway" Challenge with Tim Gunn (for r...
- Chatting with Lucky Magazine editor-at-large: Elis...
- Parigi Fashions for Kids
- What's on your summer reading list?
- Lands’ End Canvas and Lucky Magazine Host Summer S...
- Tutu Pour Mon Deux... tutus for GIRLS!
- Must Have: Nude Heels
- Designer Sunglasses on SALE!
- ▼ June (24)