Sunday, June 6, 2010

What's on your summer reading list?

Every summer throughout my childhood I joined a book club at my local library. I loved walking into the library... picking a really good book... and then being able to add a sticker next to my name after I completed it. I used to devour Nancy Drew books, those were my absolute favorite! I used to wish I could be just like Nancy Drew... I would even try to find mysteries to solve throughout my neighborhood.

Now as an adult...and a mother... reading is something that's tough to fit in.

All my "free" time goes to my little boys - and at night when it's time to relax, I usually crash on the couch with my husband, or try and go for a walk throughout the neighborhood.

But I miss reading. I really, really do. I love books. I love a good story. I feel connected to the characters. When I start a book, I'm one of those people that NEED to finish the book as soon as possible.

One of my best friend's in my town decided to start a very "open and relaxed" book club this summer. Instead of assigning books to the group - we each get to choose our own... we get to pick 3 books - one for June, one for July and one for August. At the end of each month we'll gather at my friend's house to reveal the book we read and tell a little about it. I'm so excited for this!

Here are my 3 books for the summer:

June: Eat, Pray, Love

July: The Help (recommended by my friend Beth Feldman)

August: The Red Tent

Usually I go for romance novels... but this summer, with my book club in place, I want to branch out a bit and read some books that I have heard people RAVE about!

What's on your summer reading list?

No comments:

Post a Comment