Friday, December 4, 2009

Meet Kristin Swensen Co-Editor Bon Bon Rose Girls


Online window shopping for designer baby apparel and high-end mom fashions is so much fun.  If you try to keep up on fashion trends, make it a point to stop by Bon Bon Rose.  This blog is run by two southern fashionistas with a great eye (hey NBC? need another reality show--send these girls shopping!).  Check out this ruffle post.  Thank you Kristin Swensen (on of the editors) for providing things witty and pretty for moms to enjoy and for answering our Totsy Mom questionnaire.

1. What one word best describes your current state of mind?
My little dude has me in quite a harried state, yet I'm so grateful to be his mama despite the fact that he's running me ragged!

2. What TV household does your family most resemble?


a. Brady Bunch
b. All in the Family
c. Brothers & Sisters
d. Army Wives
e. The Good Wife
f. Wife Swap

I can't say that any of them really describe us. We're pretty normal. I'd say we're not as G rated as the Brady Brunch or as R rated as All in the Family


3. What term or phrase do you most overuse?
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I've started to talk like my hubs. Dominate is a fan favorite of his. As in, I DOMINATED that cheesecake last night. You think I'm kidding. Ah ha ha. I totally dominated it.


4. What are the five things/items you think that new moms (parents) can’t do without (sanity savers)?
I learned the hard way that getting out of the house at least a little bit every day was vital to my insanity. Also, I'm a big fan of bubble baths, date nights, girls only time and occasionally a bottle of bubbly.

5. Holiday pictures – your best tips for getting kids to pose vs. fighting, making funny faces, running away?
Uh oh. You asked the wrong girl. One of us will usually stand next to the camera and ham it up for the dude, but as for getting him to cooperate for a picture that the three of us are in? I'm clueless.

6. What songs and/or books have worked best for bedtime?
We just recently got a set of board books by Studio Mouse that coordinate with a CD that has songs like Itsy Bitsy Spider and Wheels on the Bus. He's loving it!


7. How many miles (of driving duty) have you logged in the past week?
We (when I say we I mean I) carefully chose our home location to include my Mom and Target within a mile, so I don't have to do a ton of driving. Although we did just drive from Florida to the mountains in Georgia for Thanksgiving...with a 17 month old. I know. We're crazy.

8. One thing you want for yourself this holiday season?
I'm all about getting dolled up and going out for an adults only New Year's Eve this year. Last year the hubs and I barely stayed awake until midnight. We were still in infant land.

9. What celebrity best describes your personal style?


a. Jennifer Garner
b. Sarah Jessica Parker
c. Nicole Richie
d. Gwen Stefani
e. Angelina Jolie
f. Victoria Beckham

I would like to think I'm a combo of SJP and Nicole Richie as they're two of my style idols!

10. Best parenting resource you would recommend?
I found a lot of helpful information on The Nest. It was great to be able to communicate with other moms who were going through the same things!

11. Current projects?
My best friend, Megan, and I run a style blog where we cover fashion, decor and everything in between. You'll also find occasional anecdotes about my life as a new(ish) mama.

12. Follow me on twitter at: @gatorgrrl

No comments:

Post a Comment