4 Secrets for Potty Training.
I'm in the midst of trying to train my 3-yr old son, Benjamin. Benjamin has 2 older brothers and 1 younger brother... in all honesty, I thought training Ben would be (dare I say it) easy. Well... I shouldn't have assumed anything. Ben hasn't been the easiest to train. He definitely gets it, I mean... he just turned 3! I can actually logically talk to him about the do's and don'ts of potty training, that's the funny thing about it. He's just sort of doing it on his own time table... definitely not mine. He starts pre-school in September, so I don't feel this sudden rush or urgency (yet)... but I definitely want him trained for the summer. With 4 sons, 5 and under... I cannot leave anyone alone in the kiddie pool area while I rush Ben to the bathroom in an instant.
So... I have been using some tricks/tips/secrets on him that I used with his older brothers.
Here are 5 Secrets for Potty Training:
1. Potty Watch.If your child loves to wear a watch... this is the perfect "tool" for you. You set it at 30, 60 or 90 minutes. When it goes off, your child runs to use the potty - regardless if they have to go or not. It worked miracles for my son Alexander (now 4 1/2).
2. Corelle's Emma and/or Paul - Drink and Wet Bath Baby
Let your child train a baby doll... Ben has been loving to put Paul on the potty. It's an easy and smart way to have them learn by teaching someone else.
3. Once Upon a Potty -- by Alona Frankel
One of the best books for your child to read about learning to go on the Potty. AMAZING!
4. Tinkle Targets for Boys - Sports
I'm a mom of all boys... I knew that if they had something to aim at, all would be good! This is a fabulous concept and items for your sons as they get better and better with the whole potty training game!
- Orbitz Family Travel
- Audrey's Totsy Pick of the Day - Pancake Red Bear
- Twitter Party - Monday, May 3rd 9PM (EST)
- Top 5 Must Have Travel Toys for Kids
- DONATE CLOTHES THIS WEEK!
- Celebrity Mom Style: Gwyneth Paltrow
- Tips for Being Green Fasionista
- ZUTANO on TOTSY!!
- 4 Secrets to Potty Training
- Big City Moms - NYC Baby Shower
- Introducing thredUP
- Celebrity Fashion: Kourtney Kardashian
- Style Alert: Bright Colors for Spring
- 3 Perfect Summer Lip Balms
- Estee Lauder Foundation: Get a FREE 10-Day Supply
- Trend Alert: SUNGLASSES FOR KIDS
- Today's Totsy Pick!
- R Baby Foundation
- Tabitha and Marion Broderick's Summer Bonnets
- Mother's Day Twitter Party for Totsy.com
- ▼ April (20)