Friday, March 26, 2010

Mom Blogger Feature: Marie LeBaron from Make and Takes

Marie is the founder and editor of Make and Takes, a top rated parenting blog featuring kids crafts, home crafts, recipes, and parenting tips. She graduated with an Early Childhood and Elementary teaching degree, where she taught kindergarten for 4 years. She's now a stay-at-home mom of 3 goofy children and one computer geek husband, living in Salt Lake City. When she's not crafting, she loves to run, read, and blog!

What one word best describes your current state of mind?

Party! I love a good party, love to have fun, and love to make things happen. So I'm going with the word, party, as life should be one big party!

Tell us how you organize all your craft supplies?

Lots and lots of clear plastic tubs. I have one for almost everything. I like them clear so I can see what's inside, and they are perfect for stacking.

How do you take such great pictures all the time?

It's taken me a lot of practice and education. About 2 years ago, I bought a nice camera, which is a really good investment. But, the trick is to learn how to use it. I took a photography class to learn what all the buttons do and it's been life changing. I set up the shot, let the camera do it's thing, and now I spend less time editing, as I've learned how to take a pretty good picture.

What term or phrase do you most overuse?
Ha, this is a funny question! I'm always saying, "ya know?"

What things should a beginning crafter pick up to get started?

10 years ago I wanted to learn how to cross-stitch. So I bought one of those little tiny cross-stitch kits that you can buy at the dollar store. It has everything you need in the kit, thread, needle, fabric, instructions. And it was only a dollar, so you can't lose. I loved my little stitchery so much when I was finished, that I really got into it and loved primitive stitchery. That really catapulted sewing, card making, and a lot of other home crafts.

What 5 items do you think that new moms can't do without?
Wet wipes, constantly filled container of cheerios for on the go, fridge magnets, DVR, chocolate.

What do you do in your precious down time to recharge your batteries?
I love to watch the tv shows I've recorded on my DVR! The kids are in bed, no emails to check, it's just me and the final season of LOST. Ahhhh.

What are you currently reading?
The final book in the Fablehaven series, I'm a huge science fiction/fantasy geek.

What celebrity best represents your personal style?

I love Jennifer Garner. I think she's got a great style and wish I could look as cool as her being a double agent, you know, with the pink or blue wigs ;)

Follow me on Twitter here:
@makeandtakes

Current projects that have you engaged and excited:
I'm painting my house. I've lived in my house for 5 years with white walls. I'm excited to get some color on them! We're choosing some grays and blues. I can't wait to see it all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment