Friday, February 26, 2010

Featured Mom: Lori Falcon - A Cowboy's Wife and My Wooden Spoon




The amazing thing about the blog world is that you get to meet people you never would have met in “real life”… Lori is one of them for me. We met online and became fast friends. One thing that has always intrigued me about Lori is the fact that she does… indeed, live on a ranch and is married to a real life cowboy (and has 3 “son”
cowboys!). Her style reflects this, and I think it’s incredible. Lori’s personal blog, A Cowboy’s Wife, is all about her ranch life, kids, health & fitness, and photography. Her food blog, My Wooden Spoon, is where she shares family recipes and her passion for food photography. Lori is a Kraft Velveeta Ambassador and Spokesblogger, Lifetime Moms Food Editor and one of Walmart’s Eleven Moms. Not to mention, an amazing friend.

1. What one word best describes your current state of mind?

Engaged

2. What TV household does your family most resemble?


I don't know, I don't watch much TV.

3. What term or phrase do you most overuse?

I know right!?

4. What are the five things/items you think that new moms (parents) can’t do without (sanity savers)?

Phone, Books, Soda, handbags and alone time

5. Family photos – best tips for getting kids to pose vs. fighting, making faces, running away?

Natural settings... after naps and get someone you know to take the photo if possible. All of these make for a more relaxed atmosphere.

6. What songs and/or books have worked best for bedtime?

Cowboy Cody

7. How many miles (of driving duty) have you logged in the past week?

240 miles

8. One thing you want for yourself this year?

The chance to take some photography and photoshop classes so that I can improve and perhaps turn my hobby into something more.

9. What celebrity best describes your personal style?


Gwen Stefani - laid back and relaxed

10. Best parenting resource you would recommend?

I'd have to go with Babycenter, although, twitter is coming in a close second.

11. Follow me on twitter:

@acowboyswife

12. Current projects that have you engaged and excited:

It has to do with a book...

No comments:

Post a Comment