Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week - Fall 2010

There's NOTHING like Fashion Week is NYC. The best of the best designers debut their amazing (right now) Fall 2010 collections. Fashionistas of all ages and shapes and sizes are out and about showing off their "stuff." And you can just feel the electric VIBE the City gives off. Honestly, there's NOTHING like it. I love love love this time of year!

Being here as a mom fashion blogger, it's very interesting. My litmus test for a fabulous outfit isn't if it just looks good and feels good - but can you change a diaper in it? Moms... you know what I mean. Something can look oh-so-fabulous on a rack, but until it's on... and you're chasing (in my case - 4 boys!) around the house, you need to make sure it can hold up to the test of time/kids/craziness.

So there are 5 things I have taken away from being here during the Fall 2010 Fashion Week, which seem oh-so doable for any/every mom:

1. Black is going to be a "hot" color of Fall. This is very GOOD news for us moms trying to conceal anything "extra."

2. HATS ARE IN! So excited about this one. After all, we tell our kids all the time to wear their hats! Finally we can be fashionable fit for any "chilly" occasion.

3. Cable knits are chic. Oh, my... gorgeous and luxurious cable knits graced the Jill Stuart runway in full and fabulous abandon! I loved it.

4. Hoods, who knew!? Hoods donned many a models down the runway this week. I was shocked by it... but thoroughly enjoying it. I'm not all about the hoods, but seeing them on these beautiful models, I thought to myself - I could get used to this.

5. NYC vibe. I live in a small New England town - there is a fabulous mix of fashionistas and not-so-fashionistas. One thing I loved about walking away from some of the shows was the sense and vibe and inspiration of NYC in many of the clothes. It's something that is a beautiful and special thing to see and feel... and soon, wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment