Friday, February 19, 2010

Meet the Mom: Lucinda Cross

It's baby number three for author and blogger Lucinda Cross.  Lucinda's writing (www.corporatemomdropouts.com) focuses on Moms that have left behind corporate jobs for motherhood and are in the process of reinventing themselves. Let's check in to see if she's squared away in other matters of motherhood!


Due Date: June 3rd scheduled C-section (hooray)

If a stranger touched my belly right now I'd: hit them with my pocket book, feeling my belly makes me feel naked.

Career and do you have a post-baby career plan: I will be actively working on promoting my book and Corporate Mom Dropouts as well as pushing my services to support other moms who want to work from home and build their business.

Weirdest food I've craved this pregnancy: Crab legs and apple sauce.

True or false--I can still see my feet: False, I dont know what my feet look like, I only see them when I get ready to sleep...

Favorite maternity fashion splurge: A maternity sweater wrap in Macy's for $100, I love it.

Most worn item of maternity clothing: Leggings and my favorite red shirt that I streched out due to being in denial.

Did you find out the baby's gender? Why or why not? It's a boy! I like to get what I need for the baby and pick names and colors for the room theme.

Planning a babymoon? Where are you headed? We're going to Puerto Rico for 5 days and I can't wait.

Push gifts? Tacky or well-deserved? Well deserved.

I'm passionate about: My business and helping other moms live a lifestlye they love, by building a profitable business. My passion is to impact moms with corporate Mom Dropouts, book, blog and events.

Many mommies to be that are presently working think about the maternity leave and the length of time they can spend with their baby. I say take this time out to think about your passion and how you can start your own business so that you can have the time you need and want to raise your family and your income on your own terms. Take this time to write down your goals and next steps so that you can do what you want , when you want. Sounds easy but the main concern is health insurance, constant flow of income and many other concerns. Well there is support out there for the self employed mompreneur and all it takes is a little action on your part. Give birth to a baby and a business. 


Follow me on twitter: @corpmomdropout

No comments:

Post a Comment