Each year, right around this time... shopping is just INSANE. There are sales and deals everywhere (including on Totsy!). This is the time of year I do most of my back-to-school shopping for the boys. I like to make sure they each get a few new and special items... but I always go a little "crazy" on my oldest son, William. After all - he is the oldest, and from him... most of the clothes are passed down from brother to brother to brother. I don't mind investing in "essential" items, if I know they are going to last, and stand up to the test of time. I also make sure I'm stocking up on classic pieces. With boys - it's a little easier, the trends and styles aren't as "visible" as they are with girls clothing. In looking through the sale racks this past weekend, it was evident that ruffles and leggings where a BIG HIT this fall/winter for girls. (And there's tons left!)
I'm always asked by mothers, "What do you consider classics for boys?"
This is what I consider classic pieces:
Crewneck Sweaters - solid or stripe. Boys always need sweaters. There's nothing more classic and essential as your basic crewneck.
L/S Polo Tees - solid or stripe. My sons LOVE wearing these. And again... these never go out of style.Button Down Dress Shirts - Boys need to dress up... whether it's for a holiday, school photo time... or just for FUN! Denim. Go CRAZY with the denim. My sons go through a pair of jeans so fast. It never ceases to amaze me. I stocked UP this past weekend.
Outerwear. I'm telling you, if you can find any coats/jackets/fleeces that fit your children that are on sale - GO FOR IT! Always needed... always amazing to find on sale!
- Featured Mom - Stacie Haight Connerty
- Get Her Look: Kate Moss
- Wordless Wednesday: Warm Weather Trends
- Classics for your Children
- Luxury Family Vacations
- Meet the Moms: Latham Thomas
- Get Her Look: Julie Bowen
- Designer Baby Deals for Moms
- NOM Maternity on Totsy
- ENK Show Review
- Meet the Moms: Jo-Lynne from Musings of a Housewif...
- Mom's Week Twitter Party 1/18 9 EST
- Get Her Look: Salma Hayek
- Wordless Wednesday: Parisian Style
- Fitness Apparel for Kids
- Best Fitness Gear for Moms
- Meet the Moms: Danielle Friedland
- Wordless Wednesday: City Chic in NYC
- Toy Organization
- Time to Get Organized Mom
- Woman of the Year - Kelly Ripa
- ▼ January (21)