Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Classics for your Children

Each year, right around this time... shopping is just INSANE. There are sales and deals everywhere (including on Totsy!). This is the time of year I do most of my back-to-school shopping for the boys. I like to make sure they each get a few new and special items... but I always go a little "crazy" on my oldest son, William. After all - he is the oldest, and from him... most of the clothes are passed down from brother to brother to brother. I don't mind investing in "essential" items, if I know they are going to last, and stand up to the test of time. I also make sure I'm stocking up on classic pieces. With boys - it's a little easier, the trends and styles aren't as "visible" as they are with girls clothing. In looking through the sale racks this past weekend, it was evident that ruffles and leggings where a BIG HIT this fall/winter for girls. (And there's tons left!)

I'm always asked by mothers, "What do you consider classics for boys?"

This is what I consider classic pieces:

Crewneck Sweaters - solid or stripe. Boys always need sweaters. There's nothing more classic and essential as your basic crewneck.
L/S Polo Tees - solid or stripe. My sons LOVE wearing these. And again... these never go out of style.Button Down Dress Shirts - Boys need to dress up... whether it's for a holiday, school photo time... or just for FUN! Denim. Go CRAZY with the denim. My sons go through a pair of jeans so fast. It never ceases to amaze me. I stocked UP this past weekend.

Outerwear. I'm telling you, if you can find any coats/jackets/fleeces that fit your children that are on sale - GO FOR IT! Always needed... always amazing to find on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment