American Girl has an incredible campaign this summer - Shine On Now - starting TODAY (July 13th, 2010) thru July 31st to donate $1 million dollars for food, clothes, books, dolls, and money to 4 amazing charities - Kids in Distressed Situations, National Association of Children’s Hospitals and Related Institutions, National Wildlife Federation, and Save the Children.
I'm thrilled beyond thrilled to be a Parent Partner to help promote this campaign. As a mother of 4 boys, I haven't been able to purchase any American Girl Dolls yet... but I have seen my nieces love the brand for years and years. Actually, I remember when American Girl "hit" the scene years and years ago. I used to babysit for a little girl who just loved her Samantha Doll. I fell in love with the brand when I saw how they were teaching young girls about history, I thought it was remarkable. When they approached me to be a Parent Partner, I jumped at the opportunity because I think it is wonderful that American Doll is giving back. I've seen the power of their brand throughout the years, and I am captivated by their push right now to do more good.
Head over to Shine On Now to contribute a free ‘star’ to the effort. The goal is to collect one million stars by the end of the program on July 31, 2010. In addition, every star contributed (you can donate up to 100 each day!), your name will automatically be entered in a daily drawing to win a new My American Girl doll. Amazing, right!? You'll also be able to see how close American Doll is to their goal!!
I personally love spreading this message... as a GIRL myself, I think it's so essential and important to allow girls to SHINE!
American Girl is letting me giveaway one for their American Girl Doll's!! How incredible is that!!?? Leave me a comment letting me know you went over to Shine On Now donated a star(s)!! A winner will be chosen Wednesday, July 21st!!!
Make sure you have the little ladies (and older ones!) SHINE ON NOW!!
- Agoo's Leg Huggers
- Berry Ball - Need to Try One!
- The "Jean Short" Summer Craze
- Pampers offers Cynthia Rowley Designer Diapers
- Smart Tan
- Celebrity Baby Scoop - Dishing It Out Daily
- Activities for Rainy Days
- Hair Tips from Hair Stylist Sarah Potempa
- Men's Fashion at PITTI
- Fashion/Beauty MUST-HAVES for the Beach
- The Importance of BPA-Free Products
- The Legging Jean...
- European Summer Fashion Series: Women's Fashion at...
- American Girl Shine On Now Campaign *GIVEAWAY
- Tips for Color-Treated Hair
- Nautical Trend for MOMS
- European Series: Shopping Children's Boutiques in ...
- Nautical Trend for Kids
- Twitter Party - Tuesday, July 6th at 9PM (EST)
- 4th of July Fashions
- 4th of July Totsy.com Blowout SALE!
- Hat Shopping in Paris
- ▼ July (22)