Thursday, September 23, 2010

Head Cold? Chicken Soup Recipe


There's one thing I try to prevent from raging through my home... COLDS! I always tell the boys to wash their hands and don't share straws/utensils and or anything at school. Having little kids, it's difficult to explain the "whys!" so much.

Well... COLDS have hit our home, and it's TOUGH! I've got it. 3 of my sons have it. And my husband has it!

Last night my husband made a delicious Chicken Soup for us all... believe it or not, it was like a miracle. It made my throat feel better and my headache go away a bit.

With school in session... colds are bound to hit our homes... if this happens, I wanted to pass along a delicious recipe!

CHICKEN SOUP

Ingredients

  • 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
  • 4 carrots, halved
  • 4 stalks celery, halved
  • 1 large onion, halved
  • water to cover
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules (optional)

Directions

  1. Put the chicken, carrots, celery and onion in a large soup pot and cover with cold water. Heat and simmer, uncovered, until the chicken meat falls off of the bones (skim off foam every so often).
  2. Take everything out of the pot. Strain the broth. Pick the meat off of the bones and chop the carrots, celery and onion. Season the broth with salt, pepper and chicken bouillon to taste, if desired. Return the chicken, carrots, celery and onion to the pot, stir together, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment