Saturday, September 11, 2010

BCBG Max Azria

I know that Max and Lubov Azria of BCBG Max Azria probably didn't have the "mom-wearability" thought in their minds as they created their Spring 2011 collection, but... I have to admit, they did an incredible job making their collection wearable by moms (whether they truly meant to or not).

I'm going to disclose the fact that I have already loved BCBG. One of my very fashion-forward friend's in college introduced me to BCBG back in 1998 (thank you, Jessica!) and I fell in love with their clothes immediately. Whenever I put something BCBG on, it just fits well. Actually... only a couple of weeks ago when I was in L.A. for the Emmy's, I went on a BCBG shopping spree, buying 4 dresses (I even went back to get more!) at a Loehmann's out there.

Getting back to Spring 2011... BCBG was simple, classic and minimal. There wasn't anything jaw-dropping about it, but that's why I loved it even more. The clothing was wearable... there weren't bells and whistles and boas, everything was graceful and pleasantly sophisticated.

My standouts from the show:















No comments:

Post a Comment