Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jennifer: International Fashion Reporting

For the past few months I have had the pleasure of working with Jennifer, our amazing intern at Totsy! I'm sure many of you know Jennifer from Facebook and Twitter. Well... as much as I'm going to miss her at Totsy for a few weeks - Jennifer is taking the trip of a lifetime! She's heading to London on May 25th and will be traveling around Europe for a whole month (lucky girl, right!?). When Jennifer is back from her trip... I'm going to start having her contribute to the Totsy blog because she gives such a fresh and different perspective to Children's Fashion and the fashion world in general. I'm so excited for that!

In the meantime (before she leaves!)... I have asked her to tell us all about her upcoming trip to Europe... !

Jennifer -

I embark on my exciting trip on May 25th from JFK airport. I will be flying AirFrance to Paris for a layover before heading to London. (Not a bad layover if I say so myself) Once in London I will be taking a tour of the city via a bus. I am so excited to explore the city and learn as much as I possibly can...while taking lots and lots of picture. I will be in London for 7 days. During my time I will have the fabulous opportunity to see a play- the sequel to Phantom of the Opera: "Love Never Dies." Along with shopping and sightseeing I will have tea at Harrods and also be given presetnations from top fashion companies:

Arcadia owners of Top Shop / Top Man

House of Fraser
Marks & Spencer
Liberty of London
Selfridges
June 2nd I will take the Eurostar to Paris and stay there for another 7 day! I will tour the beautiful city by a bus tour - I am so excited to see the Eiffel Tower!! Is there anything more enchanting? I have arranged to take a night cruise down the river and get the chance to see the Eiffel Tower being lite in the night sky! How romantic...if only my boyfriend were coming. But I'll have my best friend, look out Lauren! While in Paris I must see a ballet...(not sure which one yet), do some serious shopping and receive more presentations from exquisite companies in Paris:

Louis Vuitton

PrintempsGalleries Lafayette

Bon Marche
I will then fly to Pisa and take a bus to Florence. On our way we will pass the Leaning Tower of Pisa before arriving in Florence on June 9th. I will be spending the longest time in Florence so that I can attend a famous Trade Show, Pitti that will be going on while I am in Italy. I have so many fun activities planned for Florence! My first day, like all the other cities I will take a bus tour and then of course...eat pizza! I will visit a glove factory to see how Italian leather gloves are made, then take a class on how to make my own pair (I don't get to keep them) On June 11th I am taking a cooking class and on Saturday I plan to go horse backriding (wish my luck) then end my ride with a wine tasting (I'll need it) I cannot wait to shop the San Lorenzo Market...I heard it's one of the best! I will also visit as many museums as I can handle while getting some more fantasic presentations from department stores and designers:

Salavatore FerragamoAngela CaputiRoberto Capucci
Pitti Uomo: Trade Show that organizes some of the world’s most important fashion events: international quality clothing and textile fairs, communication happenings and cultural and research initiatives for the fashion system and fashion as the aesthetic expression and global evolution of taste.


I will make my return to NYC late on June 21st and bring you all my detailed travel stories along with pictures for you all to see....stay tuned til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment