Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Family Fun Magazine - Balloon Cupcakes

I'm not a great cook, but I love love love to bake! Baking for me is very relaxing. I was searching online for some clever cake ideas when I came across Family Fun Magazine's online version. I found the CUTEST Balloon Cupcakes! This is perfect for a girls party or for a boys party.




Isn't that super cute? I absolutely fell in love with the uniqueness.

The best part was the instructions:
  1. Frost the cupcakes yellow, green, blue, and red and arrange them on a large platter or cake cardboard.

  2. Tape a length of ribbon to the bottom of each cupcake.

  3. Tie all the ribbons together and curl the ends as shown.

It can't get much easier than this. Another reason I loved this idea is because it can work with any birthday theme you have. I know so many mothers worry about matching the cake with the theme... we had a Batman/Indiana Jones party this past September and I just couldn't find anything that worked for both! This would have been perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment